Diana Spencer was born on July 1, 1961, near Sandringham, England. She only became Lady Diana in 1975, after her father inherited the title of Earl Spencer. Diana who was described as a jolly and lively kid and teenager, and her husband-to-be Prince Charles met in 1977, while he was reportedly involved with her older sister, Sarah Spencer. Despite their 13-year age gap, their courtship moved quickly. The couple got married in what was dubbed the “Wedding of the Century” when Diana was 20 years old.
The Princess of Wales is known to have broken the rigid royal traditions quite a few times, for example, she was the first member of the royal family to give birth at a hospital rather than the palace. This may have contributed, in a way, to her becoming one of the most popular and beloved royals in history. However, it is mostly due to her humanitarian work and approachability.
Princess Diana was always eager to meet with people of all ages and backgrounds while traveling and refused to wear gloves when greeting people, which was customary for royals.
She passed away when she was only 36, on August 31, 1997. Princess Diana will always be remembered as the people’s princess. She won the hearts of many around the world with her grace, compassion, and generosity. We hope you get inspired by some of her most powerful words.
1. “Only do what your heart tells you.”
Image Source: John Mathew Smith / Wikimedia Commons
2. “Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back.”
Image Source: Russ2009 / Wikimedia Commons
3. “They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?”
4. “When you are happy you can forgive a great deal.”
5. “Hugs can do great amounts of good – especially for children.”
6. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”
source – https://www.ba-bamail.com